Area Sales Manager, On-PremisePosted 09 September, 2020
General Description of the Role
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for the achievement of pre-determined sales, distribution and growth targets of Campari Australia products within a defined sales territory.
The Area Sales Manager will promote Campari Australia in a professional manner consistent with the overall quality image of the company.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Achieve sales and distribution objectives within your defined territory
- Work in partnership with the Campari Brand Ambassador across the On Premise Channel (CBD, North Sydney and Inner West)
- Manage Key On Premise Customers within State within the defined territory
- Provide superior customer service and relationships through the management of an assigned defined sales territory
- Maintain customer records (Maintain Campari CRM process (Salesforce – Customer records/history)
- Review performance within defined sales territory, preparing business plans and submissions, to secure potential growth opportunities
- Manage and administer all trade promotional and incentive schemes and redemptions in line with any Marketing Programs
- Merchandise back bars, display shelves and fridges to gain maximum display exposure of Campari Australia products at point of purchase
- Display sound time management skills by meeting deadlines, planning calls and following up on queries as soon as possible.
- Be a ‘Team Player’ and assisting fellow Campari Australia personnel conduct their duties when required, and maintaining highly positive staff morale
- Provide relevant information on key industry trends/ developments and major competitor activity
- Complete monthly reports as required
- Attend and/or host tasting events, visits, fairs, trade events and functions as required by customers or Campari Australia
- Attend Sales Meetings and implement any actions arising from these meetings.
Internal: The Area Sales Manager reports to the Field Sales Manager, NSW who in turn reports to the National Field Sales Manager. The Area Sales Manager is a key member of the NSW sales team and the wider Australian sales team and should work closely with interstate peers and with their marketing colleagues.
External: Build and maintain working relationships with key On Premise venues across the territory and the ability to develop these moving forward
Essential Attributes of our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years experience in Liquor/Beverages or other FMCG organisations is highly advantageous
- Currently operating in an area management, sales representative or similar role Industry knowledge and experience a pre-requisite - but preferably not solely alcohol based experience
- Considerable experience in On Premise market in local region
- A deep knowledge of the local market is critical
- Tertiary/degree qualified in a relevant commercial/business discipline is preferred but not essential
- Ability to build long term profitable business relationships
- Effective negotiation skills manage budget and achieve distribution targets
- Clear understanding of brand distribution and target objectives
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral formats.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve targets and meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- Presentation skills
- Planning/prioritising skills
- Strong computer skills in excel and word
- Strong financial understanding
If you’re committed to working for a business where you can be known for your ability to execute, and thrive success in a fast growing, international environment, we invite you to discover your passion, with Campari Australia.