Business Development ExecutivePosted 03 September, 2020
- Global powerhouse of company owned brands
- Outstanding career progression can come from this role
- Territory is Western Sydney and Central West NSW
At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we know that it’s the thinkers, makers and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognised as the world’s most celebrated wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, to the broad appeal of Lindeman’s and newer brands like 19 Crimes, we are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the role
Reporting into our Area Sales Manager, this role is an excellent opportunity to join our high performing NSW sales business. You will take ownership of your designated territory (Western Sydney and Central West NSW) and will be responsible for selling our total portfolio of company-owned wines, working with new and existing customers to grow their business and achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Achieving budgeted sales and distribution targets
- Identifying and capitalising on local market opportunities to build sales and profitability
- Working autonomously to manage your monthly call plan and growing accounts
- Negotiating business agreements and commercial initiatives
- Merchandising and activating promotional plans with customers
We are searching for an individual who is driven and motivated to achieve outcomes. This is a highly autonomous role, so you’ll be someone who is known as a self-starter and for making things happen. Ideally, you will bring experience in a field sales role, preferably within liquor or a well-known FMCG organisation, but we are also open to other backgrounds including retail and hospitality.
- Ability to build strong and mutually beneficial relationships
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Good analytical and planning skills – able to spot new opportunities
- Persistent and determined approach
What’s in it for you
- Tools of trade: car, mobile, laptop
- Structured and detailed training and development to set you up for success
- Meeting-free Monday mornings (we all love this!)
- Global opportunities across the US, Asia, UK/Europe
- Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we’re really good at doing this!)
- Health and travel discounts
- Development programs to support your health, wellbeing and career
- Online shop with discounted prices
We are a top 50 ASX global business and have been on an exciting journey over the last few years. Operating with a growth mindset, we are a high performing team who deliver at a fast pace to ensure that we continue to grow and drive innovation in the wine industry. We have high expectations on our team members and in turn, reward them with brilliant career and development opportunities.
If you’re ready to help us on our journey to boldly lead change in the world of wine, please apply now!
How to apply
We move quickly at TWE and continually review applications, so if you don’t want to miss out, apply today.
All applicants will receive an email to invite them to complete online assessments that will cover three areas: personality profile, cultural fit and situational judgement tests. The assessments should take around 30 minutes in total and you will get a report at the end of it. We will then be in touch ASAP to update you on how your application is progressing. We ask you to try to complete the assessments ASAP – ideally within 48 hours.
Note that we prefer to deal with you directly; we haven’t briefed a recruitment agency on this role and won’t be accepting CVs through any recruitment agency, so please apply directly.