Commercial Analyst, NZ & ProjectsPosted 10 September, 2020
Campari Group is the smallest big company in the global spirits industry: we are small enough to bring a personal touch, and big enough to take on the world. We are in the business of shaking things up, inspired by our 160 years of captivating legacy and our 50+ iconic brands. We serve a Signature Mix made of distinctive flavors: enriching experiences and varied opportunities, together with 4,000 passionate Camparistas. We celebrate the unique, and sometimes unexpected, twist that each of them brings to our cocktail, and we look forward to celebrating yours.
General Description of the Role
The Commercial Analyst – New Zealand & Projects, will contribute to assisting the business in the processes of monitoring business results and decision making support for the New Zealand (NZ) regions within Campari Australia. This role will also be responsible for developing and contributing to the processes of budgeting, forecasting and analysis for the NZ market and supporting thorugh financial analysis on any M&A opportunities in ANZ.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
Conduit for Corporate Deliverables (RB/Fcst/SBP/Bud):
- Creation and maintenance of templates/models for the budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning processes
- Ensure RB/Fcst/SBP/Bud submitted on time in group reporting systems
- Creation of presentation decks for key budgeting, forecasting and planning processes
Financial Modeling and Analysis
- Creation of regular reports for key stakeholders for use in the monitoring of business results and decision making support
- Support key business processes which rely on budget and forecast numbers as required
- Work with key stakeholders on the analysis and application of budget and forecast numbers.
- Engaging actively with Marketing team and country head to support with A&P planning and management through the year.
- Liaising with Brand Managers to support decision making and A&P management in line with agreed plans.
- Work closely with the country head on development and management of the structure costs budget/forecast.
- Laying down process and initiatives to driving structure cost efficiencies.
SKU Rationalization & Profitability Mix
- Analyse GM/CAAP per Brand/SKU and make recommendations to maximize margin accretion in the brand/country
- Work with key functions of Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain to assess viability of new products and ensure they meet target margin requirements
Pricing Analysis (needs to be across impact on total company, complete end to end with volume/NSV)
- Work with the sales team and provide financial insight and P&L impact of different pricing options during the period prior to price increases in April for NZ
- Financial modelling support with analysis of alternate RTM in NZ market.
- Financial modelling support with any M&A opportunities that might arise in Australia or NZ market.
- Assist in the business case preparation for any ongoing projects.
Ad-hoc Finance Support
- Support the New Zealand team and the executive team NZ with any other requirements.
Internal: Country Manager, NZ, Senior Brand Manager, NZ, Assistant Brand Manager, NZ, Brand Marketing team, Controlling team in Finance, HR, Supply Chain
The Commercial Analyst, NZ & Projects reports directly to the Finance Director, ANZ who in turn reports to the Managing Director, ANZ.
Experience Required & Skills
- Minimum 5 years experience, ideally working closely with Sales and Marketing/Supply Chain in a commercial capacity
- Degree in Commerce/Accounting
- Previous experience within Liquor industry or other FMCG organisations is preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong Microsoft Powerpoint skills
- Power BI experience preferred
- Good working knowledge of SAP/BI
- High attention to detail
- Sound analysis and reporting skills
If you’re committed to working for a business where you can be known for your ability to execute, and thrive success in a fast growing, international environment, we invite you to discover your passion, with Campari Australia.