Field Sales Manager NSWPosted 05 June, 2020
Reporting to the Head of Independents, the Field Sales Manager is responsible for the leadership and development of the NSW Field Sales team. This includes coaching & development, an ability to build and lead a high-performance culture, change-management experience, and a broad skillset spanning the Field Sales and Commercial environments to enable the delivery of individual, and team, KPI’s and Sales Targets.
Leading a team of approximately 13 employees, you will be directly responsible for achieving direct sales targets within a defined trade spend budget in collaboration with the State Account Manager and broader commercial team.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Lead the overall field sales strategy, delivering commercial objectives in collaboration with the State Account Manager
- People Development – Leading & Coaching, ensuring continuous improvement across the Field Sales team
- Implementation of customer centric plans in-line with business expectations and commercial objectives
- Provide local market intelligence and analysis to internal stakeholders
- Implement customer and territory journey plans, ensuring the agreed level of customer engagement is segmented and prioritised to achieve budget requirements
- Lead, motivate and influence the team to success
- Develop and coach direct reports, providing consistent, direct and constructive feedback to deliver individual & team growth within a high-performance culture
- Foster a culture of teamwork, conviviality and entrepreneurship to improve business effectiveness and the commitment to the results of the team
You will be very dynamic and progressive leader with strong interpersonal skills and a broad skillset that can stretch across the field leadership and commercial landscape. You will be highly organised with an ability to operate autonomously with a positive, can-do attitude and challenger mindset. You will work well under pressure, relish a challenge and proven ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Commerce or business management, is desirable
Experience / Background:
- Minimum 3 years account management experience, preferably in across FMCG, Liquor or similar industries
- Strong commercial acumen and change management experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills with an ability to operate strategically and progressively
- Desire and persistence to tackle challenges, meet deadlines and achieve results even under difficult circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to operate and make decisions autonomously
- Proven ability to build excellent partnerships with customers and teams
- Proven strategic, analytical and creative abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Open to change and ambiguity, demonstrating initiative and proactivity
- High level of self-motivation and energy
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
To put forward an application please submit your cover letter and resume today!