National Account Executive IBA/ALMPosted 25 June, 2020
We are looking for a results-orientated, progressive individual to partner with our key Independent retailers based in Barangaroo!
About the Role:
Reporting to the National Account Manager, the National Account Executive is responsible for providing support to the team in the following areas:
- Maintaining ongoing contact with IBA and ALM key contacts on a regular basis
- Analyse, interpret and monitor category and customer data for IBA and Total Indies
- Lead and manage promotional submissions and analysis
- Effectively managing the continuity of supply (including allocations and state splits) and act as the key point of contact of forecasting within the team
- Assist the team in creating and implementing customer specific activation initiatives
- Assist in sharing customer needs and debrief performance on a regular basis
- Liaise with Commercial Support and Accounts Receivable to ensure financial expenditure and commitments are captured accurately, issues are investigated and resolved, and opportunities/ risks are proactively identified
- Customer management administration
- Act as the conduit to the Field team in communicating in store priorities, marketing initiatives and providing/receiving feedback
You will be a driven individual with strong interpersonal skills and commercial acumen. You will be highly organised with an ability to operate autonomously with a positive, can-do attitude and challenger mindset. You will work well under pressure, relish a challenge and proven ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Education Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Commerce or business management, is desirable
- Experience / Background:
- Proven account management experience, preferably in across FMCG, Liquor or similar industries
- Strong commercial acumen
- Understanding of Category Management and consumer buying behaviour trends
- Experience in planning and problem-solving skills
- Desire and persistence to tackle challenges, meet deadlines and achieve results even under difficult circumstances
- Proven ability to build excellent partnerships with customers and teams
- Proven strategic, analytical and creative abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Open to change and ambiguity, demonstrating initiative and proactivity
- High level of self-motivation and energy
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Excellent attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
To put forward an application please submit your cover letter and resume today!
Only those with appropriate Australian Working Rights are eligible to apply.