Strategic Planning LeadPosted 30 June, 2020
Introducing a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate your strategic thinking and analytical skills in a highly collaborative team environment working with the world’s most notable wine brands
About the role
We are seeking an experienced professional to join our Strategy & Innovation team as Strategic Planning Lead, located in Barangaroo, Sydney.
The Strategic Planning Lead is based in Pernod Ricard Winemakers’ headquarters and is a key contributor to our brand portfolio management and strategy. This highly collaborative role works closely with the Brand Teams and wider Strategy Team to drive growth across our wide range of premium wine brands from Australia, New Zealand, Spain, and the US. This exciting role provides an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a global wine business.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Monitor global wine industry trends and evolution, by market, wine category, price segment, countries of origin, and company
- Assess PRW’s global business presence in light of latest market trends to identify gaps and opportunities for new listing and/or innovations
- Implementation and coordination of Product-Lifecyle-Management framework to optimise portfolio offerings to drive growth
- Monitor competitor activity and results and prepare detailed comparative analysis
- Contribute to Brand innovation and/or Marketing projects, bringing relevant category and market insights
- Work closely with the Finance team to define and maintain pricing guidelines, enabling our international sales team to drive value growth and premiumisation in their markets
- Prepare and present insight and recommendations relating to the execution of business strategy and results to the executive leadership team
- Contribute to the development and coordination of PRW’s planning cycle, including 3-year plans
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset in the enhancement of internal models, processes and frameworks relating to the strategy and planning assessment
You will have a background in either Strategy, Category Management or other analytical roles. You enjoy working in cross-functional collaborative team environments where you can leverage your strong communication skills. Previous experience in Alcohol or Beverage is not indispensable however FMCG experience is highly desirable.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a global organisation with a portfolio of iconic international brands. We expect you to embrace a fast paced, team oriented culture. In return, we offer an attractive remuneration package including generous product allowance and other employee benefits. If you believe you have what it takes to make your mark with us, please apply today.
Applications close 14th July 2020. Early applications are encouraged.
Please note only successful candidates will be notified and those eligible to live and work in Australia.
For further information about Pernod Ricard Winemakers, please visit our website: