The Drinks Association is thrilled to announce that the Embrace Difference Council raised $10,560 for WomenCan at its International Women's Day event.
Every year 6500 Australian women will be diagnosed with a gynaecological cancer. Ovarian cancer is the most lethal of all with a 46% survival rate to five years.
WomenCan is the fundraising arm of the Australia New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group (ANZGOG). ANZGOG improves life for women through research and has been a charity partner of the Drinks Association on International Women’s Day since 2017.
The money raised by Drink Association members via ticket sales and a raffle will be used to support ANZGOG’s critical research.
The amazing raffle prizes donated by members included:
- 2 x Melbourne Cup Furphy Marquee tickets for 2020, including flights and accommodation for two nights (donated by Lion).
- 2 x Tickets to the Saturday session of the Vodafone Gold Coast 600 Supercars Event including flights to the Gold Coast from the nearest Australian metropolitan capital city and one night’s accommodation (donated by Coopers).
- Bundaberg Rum VIP experience for two people with flights, accommodation and transfers to the Bundaberg Distillery. Includes museum tour, behind the scenes guided tour of the distillery, with a global first ‘Blend Your Own Rum’ experience where to blend own rum with the help of experts and take two bottles home (donated by Diageo).
- 4 x Tickets to the NRL Grand Final 2020, including a meet and greet with a past player or NRL legend and a walk on the field (donated by CUB).
- Curated wine cellar, including a state-of-the-art Vintec 35 bottle single zone wine cabinet, plus 24 bottles of premium wine across the Treasury Wine Estates portfolio, as selected by its Fine Wine Director (donated by TWE).
- A Methuselah of G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge Brut NV Champagne (donated by Pernod Ricard).
- An exclusive, curator-led tour of the 22nd Biennale, finishing at the Galleria Campari Bar with a refreshing Campari drink and a meal at Mary’s on the Edge restaurant (donated by Campari).
- Signed Wallabies Jersey (donated by Coca-Cola Amatil).
Karen Livingstone AM (above, left), Head of Fundraising for WomenCan said: "We are so grateful to work done by the Embrace Difference Council to fundraise for women’s cancers on a day dedicated to making life better for all women.
"A highlight for me at the International Women's Day event was the panel discussion. I always take away pearls of wisdom hearing from experienced leaders."
Pictured main: Jeanette Magaling at StayinFront won the Melbourne Cup Furphy Marquee (Birdcage) tickets. "It was an incredible feeling to hear my name called," she said.